Monday, September 28, 2009

Big "goings-on" in Gravois Creek

Well, not really. It was a change in the weather that brought me up to the closets to pull out some pants and pajamas for the boys. Lately, the youngest is the only one wearing pj's to bed, the older two are now "too cool" for them. Actually, they both complain they are too hot for pj's, and they are only required to wear them if they are sleeping over somewhere else. Anyway, all I wanted to do was pull out the pants and pajamas, and 90 minutes later, am now knee-deep in clothes from newborn up to 4 years of age. I know what you're thinking--don't get rid of it, because that's how you'll end up with another baby. I'm telling you that even if I had quadruplets, I'd still have too many clothes. My goal is to get it down to one box per year of life--down from 2-3 per age/season level. The rest are going to consignment first, then Goodwill, then rag box donation centers.

In other news, tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. My question is regarding the traditional anniversary gifts. We've had wood, steel, leather (that would have been interesting), and last year was lace (interesting again). Today, my groom left for work complaining of a sore throat, and my ears have been clogged for a few days. Is 14 years "virus?" I'll have to check the Hallmark cards recommended gifts.

No comments: