Monday, October 5, 2009

80 days!

I bought the first Christmas presents of the year today. Just stocking stuffers, but I couldn't resist. I love Christmas, and every year I tell myself, "this is the year I'm not going to go crazy with over-committing myself." Things like extra work days (for extra money), parties for the kids, the program at church, and other extranneous activities always take up too much time and I can't relax and enjoy the time. I'm afraid I've done it again--WHY??? I need a reminder roundabouts August to just shut the hell up and not take on anything else!!!! Who is going to do this for me? There has to be a way to slow this down, and I'm going to find it.

In other news, a big job is nearly completed. It's the one I dread 2x per year: the seasonal clothing shift. I have the boxes basically packed up with the exception of some shorts and t-shirts that will remain for the fall and winter.
Of course, now we will have a heatwave.

No comments: