Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Change isn't always good

We went to the Saturday night church service this past weekend. I was looking forward to an inspirational, yet thoughtful service that was contemporary yet respectful. It was...different. Not bad, just different. I'm used to the guitar at church thing, we had this at a few masses growing up and at high school mass. I'm even used to a more loosely structured service. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I had trouble following what we were doing at times, and the music was decidedly so modern, I almost felt it wasn't reverent. I wanted to leave the 16th century, but not the 20th century. I don't think we'll never go back, but we probably won't be regulars. Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon about it. I don't want to leave the liturgy, I just wanted a makeover. I think I got plastic surgery. Well, maybe next time....

No comments: