Sunday, October 12, 2008

New recipe: Budget crunchies

In an effort to be focused on saving money, I periodically plan our meals for a week or so at a time. When I'm feeling exceptionally creative, I plan for even longer periods of time. It does help us eat from the freezer/pantry without a whole lot of impulse buys. I always include kid favorites as well, even grilled cheese, hot dogs, all that stuff. So, I have planned the meals for the week, and looks like I will only be hitting the grocery store for milk (of which we are nearly out), and possibly fruit, as we are down to 4 apples and 2 brown bananas. So...here goes:
Beef/bean enchiladas (Buzz's favorite)
Homemade chicken nuggets
Veg Soup with toast
Grilled flank steak
Ravioli
Leftovers will be good for the husband's lunch, for salads and so forth. Next weekend, I will write about how we did, keeping on this menu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am curious to know how you make your veggie soup. I use a soup bone and then add tomato sauce and all the veggies. Also, how do you make your homemade chicken nuggets? Every time I try, they end up so dry and chewy.

Jenny said...

I will shoot you the recipes!