Saturday, October 18, 2008

Budget crunchy update

I almost forgot to update on how we did with the weekly menu. We actually fared a lot better than I anticipated, because the husband brought home Honeybaked ham and turkey and a bunch of sides from a work luncheon, which actually postponed a dinner. Then, we had the opportunity for a date night, so that night the kids ate McD's while the husband and I dined on steak and scallops. Yum. So....anyway, we did stick to the menu otherwise, and while Beaver is still balking at the veggies, everyone ate well. With that in mind, here's the upcoming menu for this week:
1. bagel pizzas (homemade--those BagelBites are a rip-off!)
2. Chicken and pasta with squash
3. Chili or bean soup, not sure which, but they both sound good
4. "Fish 'n' chip" night
5. Grilled steak from last week that we never ate
6. Ham/potato gratin

That's my best guess. Now, this will be adaptable, because I know at least one meal I won't be home. So...that leaves the husband to cook it, or if he so desires, take the boys out for waffles and pancakes. Other than milk and fruit, I don't anticipate a shopping trip. I stocked up on the veggies during my shopping this past week (I had to go--they were offering chicken at $2 pound!).

No comments: