Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm in here, they're out there

I'm in here, because I hear "No! Stop! No! You're bothering me!" over and over and over again out there. Generally the kids are good to each other, but every now and then, when one of them really makes the other mad, I'll hear "I'm not forgiving you!" This is a big one at our house--forgiveness, because it's a given: we're going to make each other mad at some point (sometimes daily), and when the perpetrator realizes they've hurt someone else, it hurts them. However, when the intended victim anounces there will be no forgiveness, it hurts more.

Now, it is quiet again, and I can hear them discussing the design of the latest marble run. The youngest has just run in saying "Come see what we've made." Cooperation. Ahhh...that sounds better.

No comments: