Saturday, August 30, 2008

When you gotta go

Dropped off the eldest at a camp-out/sleep-over tonite, and while I was talking to the parents, one of them notices a quick flash of red t-shirt dart behind the hollyberry tree in the front yard. "Look," she says, "it's almost like he's hiding something back there, or sneaking something." I walk over to find my child au-naturale from the waist down, relieving himself. "WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?!?!?" I yell, but of course, I can't stop the kid--he had to GO NOW. Once he was finished (by the way, he politely had peed into an emergency coffee can we keep in the van for these "emergencies"), he then kicked the can over to empty it--in the yard. The other thing is, he neglected to notice that while he thought he was discreet behind the tree, he was actually in a neighbor's side yard, just outside the bedroom window, facing the street.

No comments: