Monday, February 22, 2010

Okay, I had to share this one: Jack (formerly "Buzz") comes to the kitchen and starts to take out a few garbage bags from the box. Action:
Mom: What are you doing with those garbage bags?
Jack: I'm making garbage bag clothing.
Mom: No you're not--you have garbage bag clothing hanging in your closet from the last time you made it.
Jack: But this is different--this is for Matt (formerly "Bear").
Mom: No-you're not destroying more trash bags for an entire wardrobe of trash-bag clothing.
Jack: But I can wear one now, and one for special occasions.
Mom: Are you kidding me? You want a fashion line of trash bag clothing?
Jack: But Matt can wear one and I can.
Mom: Now you're just desperate--you're switching your plans around.

Jack is quiet, but hasn't put any trash bags away. Mom continues:
Mom: Okay, you can wear them--with nothing underneath, TO SCHOOL.
Jack: Mom, you're being silly.
Mom: Well then, the answer is NO--no more cut up trash bags.

There is a lull--approximately 2-3 minutes.......then
Jack: Mom, where's the masking tape?
Mom: You mean the masking tape that's supposed to be in my drawer but you borrowed and never returned?
Jack: Oh yeah....
Mom: What do you want it for?
Jack: I'm making the clothes.
Mom: (now starting to laugh) No, you're not.
Jack: But Mom...
Mom: (laughing harder) I can't believe you're arguing with me about this. About TRASH BAG CLOTHES.
Jack: C'mon...
Mom: No.
Jack: Please.
Mom: NO (laughing is louder now--she can't stifle the giggles anymore now). NO TRASH BAG CLOTHING!


I can't believe this is how my afternoon has progressed at this point. What's next? Is someone going to try to play baseball in my basement? And try to rationalize it? I can't wait to hear that one.

No comments: