Friday, January 1, 2010

2010: A Odessey, Yes, But Not in Space

I'll have my odessey right here in my own home, thank you very much. It's always an adventure being here and I can say that I'm never bored. The kids give me plenty to do, plenty to laugh at, and lots to love (and hate) about homemaking and life in general. On with 2010!

2009 wasn't a bad year, all in all. Lots of good things happened, lots of bad things and sad things happened, too. I wouldn't say I was happy or sad to see it go--it's just time to move on. I do hope and pray the 2010 is a peaceful year--that'll be the prayer of the year, and, contrary to my very character, I am making a few simple resolutions.
1. I resolve to be more resolute. There. (Ha ha ha ha--no one is laughing but a few of my very close friends).
Seriously, I am going to implement more methods of frugality--as much as I can stand. I will still not concede certain things--I like to get our meat from our local butcher--it is more expensive, but I think it's better. But I can do better on the number of trips I make to any one department store, and list-making helps, coupons, planning, all that stuff goes along with it. I already do this to a degree--but I am trying to make a concerted effort to do better.
Because of this frugality, I will make some financial changes (things I don't want to discuss on a publicly viewed blog) as well.
I am going to figure out what to do with this blog and the other one.
I am going to make some sort of plan for when all the kids are in school full time. (More with the financials, don't you see)
I want to read more (the other blog will help this).
I will finish my professional development requirement early. (Due in November)
I will attend more. (More what? No, Attend. Pay attention.)
So, nothing really new. Just more effortful living--doing the above things a little bit better.

Happy New Year--I hope I remember to check back and see how well I've done. :)

1 comment:

budmom said...

Good for you! We will do a coffee date soon, hugs to you dear friend and Happy New Year!