Monday, August 31, 2009

Time to move on?

For months, no, years, I had been bugging my parents to get a new doctor. It's not like their doctor was up for some crazy malpractice, or that he was into voodoo, but, let's face it, he's getting older, they're getting older, how long can we keep this up?
A few months back, I thought I had them convinced. Especially when Dad told me that the doctor had hearing aids and was using them under the stethoscope. !!!!!???!!! Uh, get the net--time to hit the road, change horses, high-tail it out of there. I think that was a sign.
Now, to the good doctor's credit, he had some things totally right: when the patient has a question and calls the doctor's office, guess what? The patient actually talks to THE DOCTOR. Strange, but true. He also had a casual wit and dry sense of humor that made him personable to many. He obviously kept Mom and Dad chugging for this long, so he must have something right.
Well, I think Mom and Dad are finally convinced. The good doctor passed away at age 82 last week. God rest his soul, and rest mine assured that M&D will find that new doctor.

No comments: